I am substituting with the Aurora Symphony for the opening concert of the 35th Anniversary season. There is a possibility for this to turn into a permanent position. Come enjoy the concert featuring Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 4, Chausson Poeme, and Verdi La Forza Del Destino Overture. Visit the Projects/Events page for more details.
I have posted a new Featured YouTube Video of the “Galop” from Rossini’s William Tell Overture played by trombone quartet.
Also, check out the following new event:
- April 8-9, 2011 @ SLC Tabernacle and Browning Fine Arts Center – The Utah premiere of Rob Gardner’s Lamb of God with choir, orchestra, and soloists. See the Projects/Events page for more information.
I have added two new events to my calendar:
- SummerArts Concerto Winners Concert – September 24 @ 7:30 pm, Libby Gardner Hall, Univ. of Utah
- A Concert for an Autumn Evening – October 22 and 23 @ 7:30 pm, SLC Tabernacle
Check out the “Projects/Events” page for more information.
Howdy! It’s been a while since I have done an actual post, but things have been somewhat busy behind the scenes with some new stuff and a bunch of tweaks.
Menus – WordPress.com has finally added in customizable drop-down menus! I have been trying to keep navigation simple and straightforward without, but I have been hoping for these since I started the site! This will make it so I can add a lot more and still keep it easy to find. I have already added several items under the main pages – take a look!
Featured YouTube Link- I have been featuring different YouTube videos with excellent playing. There is a link to previously featured videos just under the current feature, but since the links are kind of hard to see, most of you have probably not clicked it. So, for those who have missed any, the link is still there, but there is also a drop-down link under “Media”.
New YouTube Feature – Speaking of YouTube features, check out the latest video of the Metropole Orchestra Big Band with Martin van den Berg on bass trombone. This guy’s got a great bass sound and leads the group in a fun, bouncy tune.
- Bells on Temple Square – This is after the fact, but I performed in a brass choir that assisted the Bells on Temple Square on Friday, June 11th. We accompanied them on several pieces and also performed Copland’s “Fanfare for the Common Man.” This was a great concert and I really enjoyed working with the bells. If you get a chance to see a hand-bell choir, take it!
- BYU SummerFest – I am assisting the Orchestra at BYU’s Summer Music Festival. The concert is Saturday, June 19 at 3:00 in the DeJong Concert Hall.
Phew! I think that is everything for now. Thanks for visiting.