Thank you to everyone who attended the St. George and Dixie State College celebration with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square! The stadium was jam packed and we loved performing for you. Even though I did not play in them, I personally really enjoyed Alex Boye’s solo songs, each of which was loved by the audience. Great job Alex!
I have added several events to my calendar:
- February 5 – Centennial Celebration in St. George with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
- February 6 – Music and the Spoken Word
- April 12 – BYU Brass Chamber Night
- June 20-27 – 2011 Eastern US Tour with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
The Orchestra at Temple Square fall concert is nearly here. Two nights of beautiful and exciting music. In addition to the works listed on the official website, we will also be performing an exciting brass ensemble piece by Anthony DiLorenzo called A Little Russian Circus.
The official website lists tickets as “Not Available”, so if you would like to attend but do not have a ticket, let me know. I have a limited number available for each night.
Hope to see you there!
I have added two new events to my calendar:
- SummerArts Concerto Winners Concert – September 24 @ 7:30 pm, Libby Gardner Hall, Univ. of Utah
- A Concert for an Autumn Evening – October 22 and 23 @ 7:30 pm, SLC Tabernacle
Check out the “Projects/Events” page for more information.
Howdy! It’s been a while since I have done an actual post, but things have been somewhat busy behind the scenes with some new stuff and a bunch of tweaks.
Menus – WordPress.com has finally added in customizable drop-down menus! I have been trying to keep navigation simple and straightforward without, but I have been hoping for these since I started the site! This will make it so I can add a lot more and still keep it easy to find. I have already added several items under the main pages – take a look!
Featured YouTube Link- I have been featuring different YouTube videos with excellent playing. There is a link to previously featured videos just under the current feature, but since the links are kind of hard to see, most of you have probably not clicked it. So, for those who have missed any, the link is still there, but there is also a drop-down link under “Media”.
New YouTube Feature – Speaking of YouTube features, check out the latest video of the Metropole Orchestra Big Band with Martin van den Berg on bass trombone. This guy’s got a great bass sound and leads the group in a fun, bouncy tune.
- Bells on Temple Square – This is after the fact, but I performed in a brass choir that assisted the Bells on Temple Square on Friday, June 11th. We accompanied them on several pieces and also performed Copland’s “Fanfare for the Common Man.” This was a great concert and I really enjoyed working with the bells. If you get a chance to see a hand-bell choir, take it!
- BYU SummerFest – I am assisting the Orchestra at BYU’s Summer Music Festival. The concert is Saturday, June 19 at 3:00 in the DeJong Concert Hall.
Phew! I think that is everything for now. Thanks for visiting.